Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Search by postcode and radius

Rapid account: Kochevskifilip
kochevskifilip
15 days ago

Hi,
I have 2 questions related to parameters for the API.

1. How can I search properties by a postcode?
    In Zoopla you can enter a postcode and get results for that postcode like the link bellow:
    https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/windsor/imperial-road/sl4-3ru/?q=sl4 3ru&results_sort=newest_listings&search_source=for-sale
    But when I try the auto-complete endpoint with ‘SL4 3RU’ for example I get no results. It does work with just ‘SL4’, but that’s a huge area
  2. How can I search for radius less than a mile (0.25 or 0.5)? In Zoopla these 2 options are available as +0.25 and +0.5 but when I enter 0.5 in the radius field for the properties/v2/list endpoint, it translates the radius to ‘null’
kochevskifilip Commented 10 hours ago

Thanks for the quick response, this does work with decimals now, so thank you for fixing it

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 12 days ago

Hello,

You may try again now with …&radius=0.25 or 0.5. The IT team has fixed the issue.

Regards.

apidojo Commented 14 days ago

Hello,

You have to wait to the end of this month for a patch. We often release new update every the end of month.

Regards.

kochevskifilip Commented 14 days ago

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!
Are there any plans for the near future for amending the radius so that it accepts decimals as well? I’m only asking as it is crucial in the way our system operates, and is something clients know is available in the Zoopla website

apidojo Commented 15 days ago

Hello,

1/ You can use …/house-prices/v2/get-area?geoString=sl4 3ru to get id, name to use with the listing endpoint.
2/ Currently, the parameter only accepts positive integer.

Regards.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments